Remember when I posted about why I love a commitment-free weekend? Well I pretty much love all weekends, especially when I get an extra day tacked-on! (My company was closed Friday for the end of Passover). Here's what's making this weekend so awesome:
- Crossing off most of the items on my weekend "To Do List" (I told you I loved lists!)...On FRIDAY.
- A Jillian Michaels workout, crunches, 2 jogs around Prospect Park, - that amazing post-workout feeling.
- A homemade quick & healthy Saturday breakfast (check back Wednesday for the recipe!)
- Cafe-purchased ice-coffee and my homemade ice tea (see below for the recipe) - Drinking both while walking around in the sun, smiling like crazy.
- A fresh new apartment look! (check back soon for the final product of our paint job!
- A leisurely walk down to Brooklyn Bridge Park, testing-out my vintage cameras on the way.
- Picking-up fresh daffodils for the kitchen table.
- A homemade healthy salmon dinner on Friday, and a not-so-healthy mussels & burgers dinner at Alchemy on Saturday.
- Debating over whether or not to participate in this active summer event with my roommate and her bf.
- The fact that its still only Sunday! Ikea trip and Brunch plans with Taz & my 2 favorite J's.
Energizing Rasberry Ice Tea Recipe
3 Tea Bags of Yogi Green Tea Goji Berry
3 Tea Bags of Celestial Seasonings Raspberry Zinger
1 Teaspoon of Honey or Agave Nectar
Place tea bags in a medium-size glass pitcher. Pour hot water into pitcher, leave about 1/4 room at top. Let brew for 5 to 10 minutes (depending how strong you like it - I prefer brewing it for a longer period of time). Add teaspoon of honey/agave nectar while still hot. Stir. Remove tea bags, allow time to cool down. Add ice cubes to top of pitcher and refrigerate. Enjoy in about an hour!