I can't believe Fall is here already!! Its my favorite season, but saying goodbye to summer is always bittersweet. In past years I've spent most of my summer Saturdays lounging on the beach. This summer I didn't have much time for that. I'll admit, I complained at first about missing out on beach days (and a tan!), but I soon realized those days were replaced with so much more. Serious memories were made this summer and I wouldn't change even one thing about it- here's my favorite summer moments I've been reflecting on this week:
1. The perfect cliqué Memorial Day weekend - Beach, Boat, and BBQ.
2. Camping for the first time ever, and going on 3 trips total in 3 months. I slept in cabin, in a tent on 2 campsites, and in a tent right by the Hudson river in the Adirondacks.
3. Missing out on one night of camping due to an incoming storm. Winding up at this little haven instead.
4. White-water rafting! Another first, and an amazing trip that set the tone for the rest of the summer.
5. Free Yoga. Getting my groove on with Dana Flynn at the "Mind Over Madness" Summer Solstice in Times Square.
6. Turning 28 and celebrating with friends and family on different occasions. I ate a lot of cake, blew out a lot of candles, and thought to myself that there wasn't much else I could wish for. Oh, and there was wine-tasting and 'swingle' eating in Red Hook!
7. A family reunion (Taz's stepfather's extended family) in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Two dinner parties at a 200-year old family owned 'estate', an eclectic group of new friendly faces, and a 7 hour historical tour of the town (on a 110 degree day) made the trip very memorable!
8. Beer gardens, mojitos, and lots and lots of really good ice-cream. (like honey-comb sweet cream and a non-green-dye pistachio that was the real-deal.)
9. Seeing spots at the Whitney Museum.
10. Playing in the MUD.
11. A picnic, the Philharmonic, friends, and fireworks in Prospect Park.
12. Lots of Farmer's Market outings, reading time, ice-coffees, and long walks with no specific destination in mind.
13. Pink sunsets, Sixpoints at Bark, and Photoville - all at Brooklyn Bridge Park.
14. Chasing waterfalls upstate on my last camping weekend. (Also eating more meat than I thought possible - a combination of steak, chicken, hamburgers, and hotdogs!)
15. Embracing my inner hippie at a Kirtan, getting sporty at a Yankee Game, and being fancy on a jazz-cruise set against the NYC skyline.
16. The beach and the boat still both happened. Turns out a couple days each was all I needed!
What are your favorite summer memories?