5 Reasons Why You Should Be Lovin' Bloglovin...
1. You can keep track of all the blogs (and other websites!) that you read in one easy-to-navigate space! I know some people use Google Reader, but I've always used this site and can't imagine using anything else. Bloglovin gives you a snapshot, blog-post title, and brief description, so all you have to do is scroll down the page and select which blogs you want to read that day, without having to visit all of them if you don't want to.
2. You can always mark posts to read for later! At the bottom of the post description are two options: 'Mark As Read' and 'Like'. If you haven't read a post and don't plan on reading it, you can 'Mark As Read'. If you enjoyed reading a post and want to refer back to it you can 'Like' it. Since I follow a lot of blogs, I frequently use the 'Like' button as a bookmarking tool - I'll skim through all my 'Unread' posts of the day, 'Like'ing anything that looks appealing to me. Then I use the button at the top of the page 'Mark All As Read' so it marks all the posts as read. When I want to go back and read the ones I was interested in, I simply click on 'Liked Posts' on the left side bar. Voila! A quickly reduced reading list!
3. You can Group blogs into categories for easy reading. Make up whatever group names you like! (I.E. 'Street Style Blogs', 'Healthy Cooking Blogs', 'Fitness Blogs') I don't use the 'Group' feature, but it can be really useful, and I'm sure you can come up with more original names!
4. You can find great new blogs and websites to follow. I've come across so many great bloggers just by searching around a little on Bloglovin. You can look at "Top Blogs" or "Popular Posts" (located on the left sidebar) or browse by categories! Or if you have a blog you already read and want to see if its on there (most likely it is), just type the blog name in the 'Search' box at the top!
5. You can add you own blog, gain followers, and ultimately attract more readers to your site! On this note, I am still trying to gain followers myself so I would LOVE if you 'showed me the love' and followed me here. :) Following on Bloglovin is anonymous (its also anonymous when you 'Like' posts), but if you leave a comment here letting me know you followed me, I will gladly follow you back!
Its super easy to sign-up! All you need is an email and password. That's IT. They don't require any other personal information. They will send you a confirmation email, and once you click on the link they provide, you are good to go. Just select the blogs you want to follow! One of my favorite things about using this site is that they've NEVER sent me any other emails besides that initial confirmation email. Considering the amount of junk email I have piling up from other sites, I greatly appreciate that!
Don't forget to let me know if you're following!