I made this Tortellini Salad (with salami, mozz, roasted peppers, etc.) for a birthday potluck dinner last weekend...
This is a great 'make-ahead' recipe to bring to a potluck or picnic!
I did my shopping for these ingredients at Trader Joe's so I'm giving the specific names here, but feel free to substitute with similar products.
(3) 10 oz packages of Cheese Tortellini
(1) 8 oz Pinot Grigio White Wine Artisan Salami
(1) 16 oz Fresh Mozzarella Cheese Log (I used only 3/4 of this)
(1) 6 oz can of Extra Large Black Pitted Olives
(1) 12 oz jar of Fire Roasted Red Peppers
(1) 16 oz package of Mini Heirloom Tomatoes (I used 1/2 the package)
(1) 7 oz bag of Wild Arugula (I used about 1/2 the bag)
1/4 cup of Pinot Grigio or another dry white wine
Sea Salt & Ground Pepper (I've been using TJ's Rainbow Peppercorns)
- Put a large part of water to boil on the stove while you prepare your ingredients. Once boiling add the 3 packages of tortellini, salt, and a drizzle of olive oil (so they don't stick together). Boil for approximately 8 minutes.
- Remove the 'casing' from the salami (if it has one). Drain the black olives. Wash tomatoes. Drain the roasted red peppers, reserving the liquid in a small container for later.
- Chop the salami, mozzarella cheese, olives, red peppers, and tomatoes into bite-size pieces.
- Once the tortellini is cooked - drain, rinse with cool water and allow to cool completely before mixing all ingredients (except the arugula) in a large bowl. Add the 1/4 cup of white wine, the liquid you set aside from the roasted peppers, and just a couple teaspoons of olive oil. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour. When serving add washed arugula and another drizzle of olive oil.
Toss & serve!
Do you shop at Trader Joe's? Want another recipe? Then check out this quick & yummy Beet & Arugula Salad I made with all TJ's products!